Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas 09 --Total Bliss!

This time last year, all I wanted for Christmas was my new left hip! Well my wish was granted and there's a huge difference in every aspect of my life during this holiday season. I can actually shop more than 20 minutes at a time; bake an entire day; stand while conversing at all the holiday parties; and host a holiday party for my family which included all day cooking and serving a party of eight an entire 5 course sit-down dinner! And its only December 14th! Last year I shopped on line; baked only one batch of cookies; attended only one party,( my family's which was mandatory); and declined any invitation to host any holiday parties at all...and I was so cranky most of the time because I hurt and wasn't sleeping. If people only knew that this one surgery could make such a difference in their life, and I specifically mean the quality of their life they would not hesitate to get a hip/knee replacement. On well, on to my list of what to do next....

No comments:

Post a Comment