Monday, February 9, 2009

Quality of life countdown....more on the hip saga!

Tried to beat the winter blues this weekend when the forcast gifted us with a 60degree sunny Sunday with no plans on our books. Excited about our 11:40am teetime, so I got up early, worked out in the warm water pool and got ready to play some golf for the first time since last November! It was breezy and the last remnants of snow and ice were melting at the course we chose up in Fowlersburg in Carroll County. It felt so good to be outside, sun beaming on my face and actually playing some golf! I was hitting the ball pretty good for the first time out, nice and straight...what a blessing - this saved me from walking all over the course trying to find my ball. About an hour into the round I began to fatigue and my hip really started hurting...I loaded with some more Advil and Tylenol (now way past my daily maximum dose) and it was only 12:30pm! I tried to be stoic, especially for my husband whose love for golf far surpasses most men's love for their wives...but the pain became very distracting. We wrapped it up after nine holes and road home through the scenic wintry countryside soon melting from the warm temps. Oh, well we tried...another love of my life (golf) on hold until after the hip surgery...which by the way has been moved up a week until March 24 due to the surgeon's schedule change. I just pray I'm not too fat and too inactive by the time my recovery is over! Is anyone out there living my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment