Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Countdown to Hip surgery!

Well I am 2 weeks away from my total hip replacement and am getting even more excited...not scared but really excited about getting this underway and getting back to my life and my body! We traveled to California this weekend to visit friend... my husband thought it was a good idea before I went under the knife. It was, I guess, simply because I got to relaxed...but I'm sick of relaxing! I gained another 2 pounds, haven't exercised, attempted to play golf in sunny California but it was too painful! The entire traveling experience was very eye opening...for the first time I travelled with a disability and was unable to help my husband with the luggage. I was totally dependent on him for everything, but I did get to preboard and use the blue "disabled" sleeve for my ticket. Oh well, back to work today. Working a full day is really exhausting as is doing laundry, grocery, cooking and doing dishes. I am too independent for this and really struggle with all of these difficult emotions I am experiencing at this time--especially the anger and frustration. My only solace is knowing that there will be an end to this pain, dependence, and tremendously "old" feeling that I have. I truly do not know how people can put this surgery off and continue to live like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment