Monday, January 11, 2010

Gearing up for the Book Club & Ecuador!

Big week ahead...better get pumped up! First of all just celebrated my 10 month anniversay since my hip replacement and all is still going great! My Book Club, Better Health by the Book is meeting tomorrow evening at 7pm at Greetings & Readings and 40 people are registered to attend! I am excited--just love meeting all of these new vibrant people with such a zeal for life!

And on Thursday, January 14th I leave for Quito, Ecuador for my second mission with Operation Walk Maryland. This year, my role as a floor nurse will take me back to the old days when I worked on the orthopedic floor caring for fresh total hip/knee replacement patients. I am very excited to be back at the bedside especially for such a crippled, underpriveleged population that we are about to serve. No worries this year though, with regard to my stamina, fatigue and pain because those troubles are over the bridge since my hip surgery! Can't wait to share my stories upon my return on January 25. Until then....

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your trip and be safe....
    Thank you for everything.
    JE

    ReplyDelete
  2. got my life back at the Joint Experience at Good Samaritan Hospital...kindness, empathy, professionalism and a commitment to your dream as a patient to get your life back.Your commiment is their commitment. If you need a new hip, as I did, you need not look any futher than Dr. Michael Jacobs and the staff at Good Sam to heal you inside and out.
    Linda Einolf
    6 weeks out from a new hip and a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jer and Linda...my eyes filled up as I read your very sincere and heartfelt email in appreciation for the Joint Experience Team here at GSH! Thanks for taking the time to write it. So, very very happy that life is good for you both! Please keep in touch.

    My trip was awesome! Exhausting 13-14 hours days, but we changed the lives of 30 very poor, appreciateive people and operated on 39 of their joints. Even a couple sets of bilateral knee replacements! Got to watch our Ravens valiant effort in the last quarter last Saturday in my hotel room after a long day. We all wore our purple pride to cheer them on. Ecuador was beautiful...wed afternoon I was standing at the "Mitad del Mundo", whic is the middle of the world, the EQUAATOR! So awesome! Love you both....Karen

    ReplyDelete