Friday, July 3, 2009

Off the Celebrex...Yikes!

Am I stupid or what that I've gone and gotten off the Celebrex...that wonderful little yellow pill that I've been on for over a year that takes all of my aches and pains away, has now gone away. Even though my regularly checked kidney and liver functions have been fine I know its in my best interest to discontinue the drug. Besides, my hip is now new and improved with metal and plastic parts so why do I need Celebrex? On really taxing days like last weekend when I hosted my niece's wedding shower for 30 guests, it sure came in handy. Its quite amazing how the hip replacement has relieved the hip pain, but the arthritis in my hands, knees and other hip are ever present especially without the Celebrex. Each morning immediately when I awake and right before I retire at night I notice generalized achiness since the drug been out of my system. Advil and Tylenol just don't have the same effect that Celebrex does. I've also noticed that when I do not exercise my pain is increased as well. Just another reminder that exercise is truly the majic oil that lubes the joint, muscles, bones and rest of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment