Friday, July 10, 2009

Kickin it up a Notch...at 4months post-op.

Okay, many times I forget I even had a hip replacement so last Sunday I decided to do an hour and 30 minute really tough circuit exercise DVD--and am proud to say that I made it through all but 15 minutes of it and it felt GREAT! Two days later however I did take a Celebrex only because my hands were really bothering me but my hip felt great. Keep in mind that I am not doing any real ground pounding high impact jumping or jogging (that would be really stupid). But the workouts are really tough, with alot of sweataing and I am really testing the waters. I now wonder if there is any movement on that new ball and socket that's gonna get stuck. Does anyone out there with a hip replacment ever wonder the same thing? I got a full weekend planned, topping Sunday off with another round of golf and hope to keep building stamina. I've also decided to go on another Operation Walk Maryland medical mission to Quito, Equador this time and the team will be leaving November 12. Last year on our first mission to Lima, Peru I was in tons of pain because of my bad hip---but really look forward to this year with my new metal and plastic one! Its really cool to be planning and doing, again the things in life that I really love!

No comments:

Post a Comment