Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer workouts---a hot topic!

Yea, I know its really hot in good "ol Baltimore, not too mention humid -but I'm not willing to give up my workouts because of the weather.  Just gotta change things around a bit.  Definitely got to get it done early morning, while its 80 degrees instead of 90!  I did a bike ride in Centerville, Md. on the eastern shore a few weeks back...temp was about 90 degrees with 100% humidity and I was really surpirised that I finished the 15 miles...but with lots of breaks and water I did it in about 2 hours. The beautiful rural route really took my mind off the heat...and it was mostly flat terrain.  It was my firtst first official bike ride fundraiser.  But that was my last outdoor physical activity since..now its mall walking, and home DVD's with the AC cranking.  Collagevideo.com is the absolutely the BEST catalogue to order fitness DVD's from, and their return policy is so customer friendly.  If you have a apool that's a great place to get a workout even if its just 3ft. deep.  The buoyancy and turbulence of the water provides resistance and the anti-gravity really provides a stress free "lightness" that's so kind to your athritic joints.  So don't let this heat be an excuse not to exercise, drink plenty of water and KEEP MOVING!!!!...indoors of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment