Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back From Alaska and Getting Back to Myself!

My Alaskan cruise was pure heaven and highly recommend to any and everyone who enjoys grand, majestic landscapes, wildlife and lots of daylight hours (only in summer of course) should visit this gorgeous state. The helicopter ride onto a glacier was spectacular, and the highlight of the trip was spending time with an old nurse friend who moved to Ketchikan 8 yrs. ago (how lucky is she?) It was great to see you Deb! It was great to see the whales, bald eagles, orca babies, sea lions, bears and mooses.
I'm happy to report just a 2-lbs. weight gain,( which I already lost) mostly because I went to the gym at the hotel and ship mostly everyday. Kayaking was great fun and my legs did well steering and being cramped up in the kayak for 2 hours. My hip held up very well. I was humbled from this sport; rowing that kayak is not small feat and either is getting in and out of the vessel. I am looking forward to trying it again.
I am very aware, since the bursitis, of not overdoing anything. I just got released from Physical therapy today and gained about 8 degrees of stretch in my hamstrings. Boy--its really important to keep those hamstrings flexible to prevent back pain and just to be able to take a full stride.
Would love to hear how my hip replacement friends are doing and also from anyone who wants to share their Alaskan memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment